Retirement at age 65 is an artificial finish line that no longer fits our time.
Peter de Kuster will show audience members in Passion Never Retires how to create a life and work they love and never want to retire from. How this new story is replacing the old retirement myths as the core consideration when planning for the future. Old retirement myths who told you that
- 65 year is old
- you have to retire to do what you love
- retirement is solely a money issue
- the ultimate goal is to have a life of ease
This Passion Never Reties presentation will discuss the confluence of four modern trends that herald the end of retirement thinking as we know it:
- The evolving pursuit of fulfillment in our times.
- The end of the paternalistic employer.
- The advent of dismantling ageism.
- Distribution-driven Armageddon for financial services.
Growing old with lots of money is no longer the goal. Dying rich can’t compete with living rich, and making a living doesn’t measure up to making a life. When the idea of retirement was born, people traded physical capital for a paycheck—and it was a practical necessity for people to retire. As a knowledge-based economy, entrepreneurial, creative capital, experiential capital, and relational capital are traded for a paycheck, leaving only one question to answer regarding the appropriate time to retire: What is the expiration date on my passion and on my experience? What those people still working in their 70s and even 80s will tell you is that they would be dead if they had not continued to do what they love. To live their passion.
The ‘Passion Never Retires’ presentation will help audience members find answers to the following questions:
- How will you invest your time? You have 168 hours a week; how will you make those hours meaningful?
- How will you invest yourself? How will you parlay what you are passionate about, what you create, what you know, what you’ve experienced, and who you are into the next phase of your life?
To learn more about Peter’s speeches and programs, or to book your next event, please contact us! at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031 6 33661772
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.